Terms & Conditions
By accessing this website, the visitor/user agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Whilst Penicuik Home Improvements has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the contents of this website to ensure the information appearing on it is accurate and up to date, Penicuik Home Improvements disclaims (to the extent permitted by law) all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained on this website.
- You should take appropriate steps to verify any information upon which you wish to rely.
- Information on this website is therefore solely for guidance purposes only and is subject to change without notice and is not intended to constitute a contract. The availability of a product on this website, the design, specification and price may change at any time without prior notice.
- All products mentioned or which feature on this website are strictly subject to availability. The visitor/user should take appropriate steps, including seeking appropriate legal and other professional advice, to verify any information on which they may seek to rely. Photographs and artists impressions may be for illustrative purposes only.
- All intellectual property rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form whatsoever (which for avoidance of doubt shall include photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means), save in respect of normal internet site visits.
- Penicuik Home Improvements shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer.
- All CGI images featured throughout the site, including the homestyer are for illustrative purposes only.
- By providing us with your details through this website, you may be contacted by telephone, email or post by Penicuik in the future about our latest promotions or offers. However, if you do not wish to receive further correspondence from us you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
Name & Registered Office:
Winsford Industrial Estate,
Penicuik Home Improvements have security measures in place which are considered appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Non personal data regarding the use of this website, such as the number of hits per page, is also captured automatically. This information helps us to analyse how our website is used, and assist in the development and improvement of the website. You can find out more about the way cookies work, why we use them, and how to remove them on the following websites www.cookiecentral.com or www.aboutcookies.org
We do not collect personal data on this website unless you submit personal information in that part of the website where it is requested. Following your request for information we may hold personal information about you for marketing and research purposes and also to help us develop our website, products and services.
For your protection we will also:
- Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed.
- Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date.
- Not keep your information for longer than is necessary or as required by law.
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
“Penicuik” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28/04/2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically contact you via phone, email or mail about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your calls are being recorded for training & security purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Disabling cookies Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However, disabling cookies may stop you from fully using all our website services. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit the All About Cookies website.
When you visit this site for the first time a message about cookies appears at the bottom of the screen, If you select ‘Continue’ an acceptance cookie will be stored on your machine, otherwise the message will always appear. Once the cookie is set the message will disappear. accept_cookies If set, it will prevent the cookie message from being displayed 1 year from set/update Google Analytics cookies We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site, to help us improve the site.
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on our site. utmb, utmc Determining visitor session Contains a unique visitor identifier 30 minutes from set/update utma Identifying unique visitors Contains a unique visitor identifier 2 years from set/update utmz Tracking traffic source and navigation Contains a unique visitor identifier 6 months from set/update How to reject or delete Google Analytics cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Controlling your personal information You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at ‘marketing@Penicuik.co.uk’.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Penicuik, Unit 7, Phoenix House, Winsford Industrial Estate, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 3PZ. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.